Love FreeRouter but it fails to this simple board

Get support from us or from other users of the router.

Love FreeRouter but it fails to this simple board

Postby unebonnevie » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:55 am

Hi,

I have a board, basically a cartridge board for a retro computer with top and bottom pads exactly coincide each other. The board has ONLY two chips and lots of space. The Free Router is not able to route this thing. Attached is the zip file that has the test.dsn file. Thank you for any suggestion how to auto route this challenge!
Attachments
test.zip
(2.5 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
unebonnevie

Re: Love FreeRouter but it fails to this simple board

Postby Elco » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:05 am

Your board outline does not cover the connection points (the middle of each contact) of the big connector at the bottom, hence it cannot route those wires.
Elco

Postby wnyterk » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:43 am

Hello
I used your application FREEROUTING successfully. Until today. Trying to run ends with the message:

APPLICATION BLOCKED BY SECURITY SETTINGS
I turned off all anti-virus applications, so it seems to me. The app is brilliant and it made ​​for some of their projects, not for commercial purposes. What happened? Software Vendors revolted? The courts and other difficulties, and can not digest my computer now this application? What I have to do?
Many greetings Wlodzimierz Swiat.
wnyterk

Postby alfons » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:35 am

wnyterk wrote:Hello
I used your application FREEROUTING successfully. Until today. Trying to run ends with the message:

APPLICATION BLOCKED BY SECURITY SETTINGS
I turned off all anti-virus applications, so it seems to me. The app is brilliant and it made ​​for some of their projects, not for commercial purposes. What happened? Software Vendors revolted? The courts and other difficulties, and can not digest my computer now this application? What I have to do?
Many greetings Wlodzimierz Swiat.

The problem is, that the standard security settings of the latest Java version have changed to a higher level.
In Windows you can go to System Settings | Software to open the Java control panel.
If you set in this panel the security settings to Medium and evtl. add http://www.freerouting.net to the list of trusted Web Sites, the router application should still work.
alfons
Site Admin

Return to Technical Support