Storing and Recalling Parameter Settings?

Get support from us or from other users of the router.

Storing and Recalling Parameter Settings?

Postby Ira » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:50 pm

Hi!

Is there a way to store my route and autoroute parameter settings? Every time I load a new layout, I need to enter my preferences all over again. Since I load a new layout many times per project, this gets pretty tedious.

Thanks!
Ira

Re: Storing and Recalling Parameter Settings?

Postby alfons » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:58 am

Have you tried "Save GUI Settings as Default" in the File menu?
alfons
Site Admin

Postby Ira » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:43 pm

Hi Alfons,

Yes, I have tried saving this. I just did it again to make sure I am doing it correctly. It does not restore my settings when I open a new design or when I start a new session. Where is this information stored? I do not see anything in the project subdirectory.

Happy New Year!
Ira
Ira

Postby alfons » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:23 am

The problem is, that a Java application has no access do your file sytem for security reasons.
But it has a reserved area to store some data, which is comparable to the cookie mechanism of a web brouser.
You can find the location by opining the sheet in Sytem | Programs | Java.
The switch "keep tempory files" there must be enabled, otherwise the defaults file will be removed at the end of the program
You can check if it works by changing for example some object colors in the router application before saving the defaults.
Layer or via costs for example cannot be saved because boards can have different layer counts, via sizes and layer ranges for partial vias.
alfons
Site Admin

Postby Ira » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:30 pm

Things like color are being saved as the default for the next time. Things like via costs etc. in the Routing and Autorouting Parameters windows are not being saved.
Ira

Return to Technical Support