Routing bug

To report bugs in the router software

Routing bug

Postby tilutza » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:07 pm

Hi guys!!

First of all, I want to congratulate for the routing algorithm. It is excellent and it really finds the best route. However, I found a bug on the routing algorithm. Here is the scenario:
- You have a component on the front layer that is soldered only to the back layer (solder mask is only on the back layer). You defined the connectors as a thought hole, but Free routing ignores the holes, and it consider the back solder mask as a SMD connector type. The connection must be redone manually because the algorithm finds a path thought the hole connectors.

The expected behavior would be to find other path to this type of connection: one that will not step thought the pin holes.

The board that I tested with the KiCad, and the bug is reproductive every time.
Attachments
routing_example.png
routing_example.png (7.04 KiB) Viewed 2135 times
tilutza

Re: Routing bug

Postby obparham » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:16 pm

The router does not know anything about holes, only pads. A through hole pin should have a pad on every layer to define a connect/keepout location.

Bruce
obparham

Re: Routing bug

Postby tilutza » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:16 pm

Thanks for the feedback,

I understand your oppinion, and you are right. However there are situations where you must solder only on a single layer. In the image attached there is a relay which can not be soldered on the top layer..
However it seems that this is not a bug, so it can be closed ...
tilutza

Return to Bug Report