Can not save .ses file

To report bugs in the router software

Can not save .ses file

Postby Arlo1 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:05 pm

Ok so after I use the free router I go to save as and it opens a window in windows and the option is to open instead of save. I try to export .ses under file > Export Soecctra Session File and it does the same thing instead of giving me a save option its a Open tab. So I tryed clicking a .dsn file and it seems like it saves there but then in kicad it will not import it.
I am using windows seven with the latest Java update. Java7
Here is a screen shot of after I click File > Export Specctra Session File and a screen shot after I tried to click on a already exsisting file and saving over it then renaming it to a .ses file.
Attachments
Capture.JPG SES.JPG
Capture.JPG SES.JPG (40.69 KiB) Viewed 3608 times
Capture.JPG ses pain.JPG
Capture.JPG ses pain.JPG (43.73 KiB) Viewed 3581 times
Arlo1

Re: Can not save .ses file

Postby Arlo1 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:08 pm

Ok so I renamed some pins and im still resaving over modified folders Java for some reason will not save a new file I have to save over an old file...
But I got it down to this. If I could get the file to save right I know I would have it working.
Attachments
Expecting session.JPG
Expecting session.JPG (32.38 KiB) Viewed 3565 times
Arlo1

Postby Arlo1 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:49 pm

Arlo1

Postby Arlo1 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:40 am

I also found at the bottom of the freerouter screen it says "writing session file failed" when I try to save no mater what I do.
Arlo1

Postby Arlo1 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:14 pm

Ok I got it. I had to remove the hi power traces from the top.
Note to everyone who trys this. RUN DRC before freerouter if the DRC doesnt work right you won't be able to save a file back from freerouter.
Arlo1

Postby chal4oye » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:38 pm

I renamed some pins and im still resaving over modified folders Java for some reason will not save a new file I have to save over an old file...
But I got it down to this. If I could get the file to save right I know I would have it working.
GuL
chal4oye

Return to Bug Report