AutoTRAX EDA now supports FreeRouting

Latest news

AutoTRAX EDA now supports FreeRouting

Postby BobBarr » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:35 pm

I just wanted to post a note to let you all know that AutoTRAX EDA ( http://www.kov.com ) has recently been updated to support the FreeRouting.net interface.

The latest AutoTRAX release is the 9.55 version which implements the new interface. Ilija Kovacevic, the developer of AutoTRAX, has posted a message linking to FreeRouting.net on the AutoTRAX Yahoo user group ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AutoTRAX/ )

I will be testing the interface over the next few days and will update this thread with any issues that I discover.

Regards, Bob Barr
AutoTRAX Yahoo Group Moderator
BobBarr

Re: AutoTRAX EDA now supports FreeRouting

Postby BobBarr » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:29 pm

I may have been a bit premature in posting the above message. I am getting an error message from FreeRouting indicating that the .dsn file cannot be read.

I will investigate this further and report back with what I find.
BobBarr

Postby alfons » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:12 am

BobBarr wrote:I may have been a bit premature in posting the above message. I am getting an error message from FreeRouting indicating that the .dsn file cannot be read.

If you sent a copy of the critical .dsn-file (as zipped Email attachment) to the address in the Impressum I will find probably find the cause of the problem in a few minutes.
(If you do not mind that the .dsn-file gets public, you can also upload it as attachment to a message.)

Alfons
alfons
Site Admin

Postby BobBarr » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:09 pm

alfons wrote:
BobBarr wrote:I may have been a bit premature in posting the above message. I am getting an error message from FreeRouting indicating that the .dsn file cannot be read.

If you sent a copy of the critical .dsn-file (as zipped Email attachment) to the address in the Impressum I will find probably find the cause of the problem in a few minutes.
(If you do not mind that the .dsn-file gets public, you can also upload it as attachment to a message.)

Alfons

Thank you, Alfons. I'll send the file. It's just a simple test case circuit with only 3 components in it.

Thanks again, Bob
BobBarr

Postby BobBarr » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:44 pm

Thank you, Alfons, for reviewing and providing corrections to the test file that I sent you.

I have forwarded the following to Ilija: the original '.dsn' file (which failed to load into FreeRouting), a version modified with your changes (which now loads successfully), and the resulting '.ses' file that FreeRouting generated. (There may be another issue involving loading the '.ses' file into AutoTRAX but I'll need to do some further testing to isolate it.)

Regards, Bob
BobBarr

Return to News